Search engine competition in Scarborough is currently on the front edge of competition. If you are a beginner, you need to understand that there is no magic way to bring your website on top of Google search results page. Search engines are governed by complex algorithms and the only you can vie for your rank is to invest in search engine optimization.
Search engine optimization is a complex strategy. But with the right SEO Company Scarborough, it would be easy for you to overcome the difficulties you will encounter along the way. So just sit back and relax and read through this guide and learn the basics of search engine optimization.
The page title is a crucial element in SEO because this is how you are going to be pulled up by search engine. There are two types of title that you should work on. First is the Home Page Title, which is the name of your website. Well, it is not impossible that you will have a lot of competitor for your specific niche. So make sure that your home page title is unique.
The second is your blog content title. Unlike the former, this can be lengthier and more descriptive of the content. Since blog are published on a daily basis, you may need to create unique titles everyday. For search engine optimization, your page title you need to do the following:
- Craft a short but creative title for your pages and blog content
- Make sure to include short and long tail keywords for the title
- Make your title descriptive about what the article is all about
Page description is also known as the Meta Tag. It’s very important because it gives users the summary about what your page is all about. It is also one of the basis on how Google search engine would understand the content and relevance of your website when someone search for related keywords. Here are some guidelines on how to write really good descriptions.
- Provide a unique description for all of your pages, posts, and products, in your website.
- Keep your Meta description direct to the point, around 150-160 characters.
- Do not repeat the title in the description as this would only cost you redundancy and a lot of space.
- Limit your description to only one keyword per Meta description. Don’t over stuff.
Think of your Meta description as an advertisement, which users will be interested to view.
Permanent link structure
This refers to the standard format of link structures for your website, which shows at the website address bar. You can edit your permalink in your WordPress account.
- Make URL simple and easy to understand not only for users but also for search engines
- Remove unnecessary information in your URL
- Keep your URL concise so it doesn’t get cut
- Use only one keyword for your permalink and avoid keyword stuffing
Examples of BAD URL structures:
When you look at these permalinks, you cannot tell what content they are referring to. Just like how you see them, search engines will also have difficulty in deciphering what it means.
Examples of GOOD URL structures
In these examples, the links are very understandable. The hyphens also helped put a division between words so they are very easy for search engines to read.
These are links within your content that leads audience to other resources within your website. When it comes to internal links, you need to make sure that each link embedded in your keywords are fully functional. In case, your link leads to broken pages or error pages, there is a high tendency that Google would not be able to fetch your content. Here are some points you need to remember when internal linking.
- Anchor you link to a related keyword.
- Don’t use internal link if it is not necessary. A blog post which has a lot of internal link can be very disturbing.
- Check your internal link if it is functional just to make sure that your content will not be penalized by Google.
- Avoid using key phrases such as “Click here for more information…” or “Follow this link…” Aside that they sound spammy, customers as much as possible would want to avoid such links.
- Don’t repeat the same link in one blog content.
For websites that are image oriented, you need to extra careful with the image you uploaded. Especially if they are very large, they could slow down your loading speed. If you decide to use images, mind the following suggestions:
- Optimize your image. There are a lot of free image optimizer in the internet, which you can use or you can install image optimizer plugin into your WordPress.
- Use Alt Text to describe your image and put at least one keyword.
- Use keywords when you save your images or rename the image to one of your related keyword.
Now these are just the basic SEO techniques you can learn and do on your own. More complex search engine optimization strategy can be implemented by SEO Company Scarborough to increase your local ranking. Once you have optimized your website for SEO by following the above guidelines, your next move is to concentrate on improve your website. Well, SEO is not just a one-time effort. Once you have started it, you need to keep it going for many years to keep your ranking.